INSTALLATION GUIDE FOR FORD 7.3L POWERSTROKE
- Change stock oil filter and oil.
- Remove Pressure port plug from stock oil filter housing. Insert 2MP – 6MJ adaptor fitting using thread sealer.
- Remove return port plug found to the right of stock oil filter housing, right above the oil pan.
- Install adaptor fitting 6MP to 6MJ using thread sealer into engine block port.
- Install EXTREME Filter BRACKET onto frame near to stock oil filter. Usually the outside of the frame right behind the driver front tire is best. You may utilize a hole already on the frame and drill a second hole using the bracket as a template. Securely mount the bracket to the frame using the supplied hardware bolts/nuts.
- Install the EXTREME Filter housing hose adapter fittings into both the “IN” and “OUT” ports using thread sealer orTeflon tape as firmly and deeply as possible. (See video for basics): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVEH0dCpZg
- Install EXTREME Filter into bracket using supplied hardware as pictured above.
- Install one 4.5’ line(hose) and route from stock oil filter housing fitting to the “IN” port (center most port) fitting onbottom of the EXTREME Oil Filter housing. Remember to avoid sharp edges, hot surfaces, and moving parts and leaving a little slack for engine movement when routing the hose.
- Install the other 4.5’ line on EXTREME Filter housing “OUT” port fitting (nearest edge of filter) and route to the return port fitting adaptor, avoiding sharp edges, hot surfaces, and moving parts. Use ties as necessary to secure safely.
- Verify all fittings are tight and hoses are safely routed, secured, and protected. Run engine for 10-30 seconds and check for leaks. Top off oil as necessary (the EXTREME filter increases oil capacity about 1 Quart)
- Once you’ve verified there are no leaks, run engine to temperature and under load (around the block) and verify no engine leaks once engine operating temperature and pressures are reached.
Congratulations! You now have the best oil filter you can get!