WHERE TO MOUNT THE FILTER (for the Dodge Ram 1500 Ecodiesel Only)
The mounting location is under the hood on the driver side of your Ecodiesel, right above the suspension. This mount will require that you remove and re-use the suspension mount bolts to secure the bracket (part “a”), and you will also have to remove the “wiring harness” found on the rear bolt. See images below for reference.
After securing the bracket with the suspension mount bolts use the provided bracket bolts to secure the filter housing to the bracket. See the final result below. TIP: You can pivot and reposition the filter housing easily by loosening the bolts that connect to the side of the filter housing, this can help with installation and maintenance.
The new oil filter cap is now where you can easily pull oil pressure from (see image below).
• Prepare the cap by applying teflon or sealant to the elbow fitting (part #f) and secure it into the swivel port on top of your new oil filter cap.
• Remove your stock oil filter cap
• Install a new filter in the Insane Diesel filter cap. Be sure to add the o-ring that comes with your new filter to the new filter cap.
• Secure the new filter cap into your oil filter housing as you normally would with a stock filter cap
• Attached the shorter hose to the filter cap and to the port at the bottom of the bypass filter housing marked “IN”
• Secure your hose with zip ties if needed and keep the hose away from moving, sharp, or extremely hot parts of your engine.
Pressure port cap (side)
pressure port cap (top)
- Connect the longer hose to the OUT port of the EXTREME X2 filter housing.
- Connect the other end of the longer hose to the oil filler cap.
- Be sure the hose is not near any moving parts, hot, or sharp areas. Use zip-ties to secure the hose in a safe area.
Important: After connecting the hoses be sure to secure the filter housing in an upright position.
See image below for reference.
Image below shows how the hoses connects to the “IN” and “OUT” ports at the bottom of your filter.